What do I do if I find an injured bird?
Most individuals are not qualified to care for an injured bird and only licensed wildlife specialists are authorized to handle most lost, sick or injured birds. If you see a bird that you think has been injured first make sure that is the case. In the nesting season some species, killdeers for example, feign a broken wing and will attempt to lead you away from a nearby nest.

If the bird has been injured it should be taken to the nearest rehabilitation center.

Visit this Web site for a list of rehab centers.

If you do not find a rehab center near you then contact your local Fish and Wildlife Management office or the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service offices




Birdzilla.com - P.O. Box 181 - McKinney, TX 75070
Phone: 972-562-7432
.......E-mail: info@birdzilla.com
Copyright Birdzilla.com 2003, 2004 - All rights reserved.